Sunday, 1 June 2014

Sight-seeing in Cheltenham

My friend Spammy and I took Burton shopping and sight-seeing in Cheltenham since we figured that most of his adventures so far have revolved around food and drink!!

Here he is looking rather bemused sat between the Hare and the Minotaur statue on the Promenade which was installed in 1997 and is by the artist Sophie Ryder.
 

Apparently there was some controversy when it was initially added to the Prom because people didn't think it fit with the Regency buildings surrounding it but luckily it stayed and it's quite a tourist attraction now.  Also, some of the materials used in it were I'm told sourced from Mr Loops' parent's local scrap metal yard!



Here Burton is enjoying the spectacle of the Wishing Fish clock.  It moves throughout the hour, with little white eggs coming from the duck and travelling around the clock, but each quarter hour (I believe) it plays the song "I'm forever blowing bubbles" and blows bubbles out of the fishies mouth!


Next time I take Burton to Cheltenham I'll try to get a video of the clock in action, unfortunately we had just missed it on this visit!


After a tiring morning of shopping we went for Sunday lunch at The Swan, and here Burton was using my shawl as a kind of hammock high chair so that he could reach the table!




No comments:

Post a Comment